Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Modeling Paste + Titanium White Acrylic Paint + Spray Paint + Stencils = Fun!

STENCILGIRL(TM)Products stencils used in step one below:  6"X6" Grid, 6"X6" Links, and 9"X12" Borders 2.


Above:  Stencils have been secured to background papers with masking tape.

I use the Pat Dews atomizer, purchased from Cheap Joe's Art Supplies online.  I clean the atomizer thoroughly after each use.

Above and Below:  I have been sprayed the stencils with a mouth atomizer and acrylic inks. 
 

To the left:  I've cut out two 6"X6" backgrounds from the spray-and-stencil prints.

Below: With masking tape, my Cats stencil has been secured to one of these two background papers, and, with an artist's spatula, I've mixed equal parts Titanium white acrylic (heavy body) paint with light modeling paste.

Above:  I've spread the paint-paste mix thru the stencil, lifted off the stencil, and placed it immediately into a basin of soak-water.  I will clean the stencil later with paper towels.
Below are similar artworks created with the same mix of modeling paste and heavy body paint (Titanium White); the first two were created with my 9"X12" stencil Borders 2 --

This is a close-up detail of one border created from my 3-border stencil Borders 1,  which measures 9"X12".  After the paste-paint mixture had dried, I brushed on orange-yellow blending chalk.

After creating this border with my "9"X12" stencil Borders 2,  I applied yellow-orange oil pastel crayon, once the  paste-paint mixture had dried.
The two substrates shown above began as white cardstock; I then embellished them with  monoprints of mauve acrylic paint, which created the wavy backgrounds.

Below:  final versions, as greeting card covers:

This cat, made with my 6"X6" stencil Cats, was painted with glitter glue, after the paste-paint mixture had dried.  My substrate had been previously embellished with spray paint thru my 6"X6" stencil Links.
This osprey, made with my 6"X6" stencil Osprey Wings, was created with the same paste-paint mixture.  After that dried, I used oil pastel crayon to outline the figure.  The substrate had been prepared earlier, with spray paint thru my 6"X6" stencil Grid.  
The Cats stencil (6"X6") is found here:

http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/Cats-Stencil-Cecilia-Swatton-p/s183.htm

Borders 1 stencil (9"X12") is found here:

http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/product-p/l220.htm

Borders 2 stencil (9"X12") is found here:

http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/product-p/l221.htm

Osprey Wings (6"X6") is here:

http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/product-p/s176.htm

Grid (6"X6") is here:

http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/product-p/s077.htm

Links (6"X6") is here:

http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/product-p/s079.htm

Note:  Whenever you see a blue stencil being used, this is a prototype which is sent to designers at STENCILGIRL(TM)Products.  Stencils that you purchase are made from a heavier and sturdier acetate which is translucent white.

Thanks for stopping by!