Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Part 2 -- B and W Prints Featuring PALM FRONDS SILHOUETTES Masks


What to do with my slew of black-and-white stencil or mask prints?

One option will be to cover some of them with translucent acrylic paints.  This will flood the white areas with rainbows of color.  The black areas will appear different, too, once they've been coated with translucent color.

Another idea is to keep some of them in their original black-and-white stage, for collage.  I've already put together a number of those --








The above greeting card cover was created using a print made with 4" x 4" Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini.  The red-outlined flower was developed in Photoshop, derived from a photo I'd taken.


Above:  This collage was created on 120-lb. white watercolor paper.  The central image was made with 6" x 6" Palm Fronds Silhouette Small.



Above: 6" x 6" Palm Fronds Silhouette Small made the print at the upper right as well as the piece-of-a-print in the central area under the focal point.  The focal point itself is a print made with my 9" x 12" mask Blooming Where Planted.  In the upper left is a partial print created using my 6" x 6" mask Sassy Spray.  The lined pieces in the central and lower right areas were cut from my original drawing that became the basis for my 9" x 12" mask Loopy Ladders.


9" x 12" mask Loopy Ladders

9" x 12" mask Blooming Where Planted


Sassy Spray (6" x 6")



Thistle (9" x 12")


Small Thistles (6" x 6")


ATC Mixup Swatton # 2, containing ATC-sized Thistles.


To scroll thru all my StencilGirl masks and stencils, please start here

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!