Sunday, June 9, 2019

This 'N' That


A beautiful bullet journal cover was created by artist Cheetarah Cheda -- whose name is as pretty as her artwork!





Please click on the above photo (courtesy of Cheetarah Cheda) to better see detail in the way she took a plain journal cover and magically transformed it.  Unless I'm mistaken, Cheetarah used one of my two Marbles stencils -- 



Marbles 6 Stencil (6" x 6")


Marbles 9 Stencil (9" x 12")

Below is a stretched canvas that I painted using Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6" x 6") and Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4" x 4").






The above painting was done on a stretched canvas.  Before applying the stencils and paint, I spread the surface with a uniform layer of Titanium White liquid acrylic paint and waited for that coating to dry thoroughly before moving forward.  This bottom layer of bright white paint makes stencil prints stand out dramatically.  The tool I used to add this coating was a drywall taping knife.  This knife comes in several widths, so I used one that was slightly larger than the 12" x 12" stretched canvas.  With a little practice (and a little wasted paint*) the knife makes it possible to create a perfectly uniform surface.

* There is leftover paint, but rather than let it go to waste, I gather it up with a brush and use it to coat papers that will later be used to develop stencil prints and collage.

Today's post ends with a print I made using Ornamental Iron Curls (6" x 6") and Prayer Flags (9" x 12").




The 6" x 6" stencil looks like this --


 Ornamental Iron Curls (6" x 6")

And the 9" x 12" stencil looks like this --


 Prayer Flags (9" x 12")

Thank you for taking time to visit here today!  To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils and masks, please start here.