Thursday, March 7, 2019

Leftover Paint paired with Stencils!


When working on any painting, I always have leftover acrylic paints, which I could try to save for the next painting session.  But I find that I get better results when I use up all of each day's paint and start fresh with the next time I bring paint to canvas.

So I use a sponge brayer, stencils and collage papers (leftovers from earlier projects) to use up this extra paint, rather than try to save it. 



Above:  a sponge brayer being loaded with leftover acrylic paint.

Above:  a loaded brayer being run across my 6" x 6" stencil Sassy Spray.  Note the stencil has been secured to the substrate  with green masking tape.  This is to keep the stencil in place while the pressure of the brayer rolls over it.

Some prints I've made with leftover paints:



Made with 6" x 6" stencils Pressed Leaves and Feathers 6.


Made with 9" x 12" stencil Wrought Iron Gate.


Made with 6" x 6" stencils Quilted Flower Garden and Small Dangled Pods.


Made with 6" x 6" stencil Swatton Links.

Thanks for visiting here today!

To scroll thru the pages of my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.