Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Still Celebrating a Holiday of Love



My last post showed a card with a background of textured gold metallic paper.  Today's Valentines use the same gold paper, but now I've cut the paper into heart shapes. 

I used a freehand drawing to make a heart pattern on  scratch-paper.  I cut out that pattern and traced along its edges on the back-side of the gold textured paper.

With two larger heart patterns, I traced another pair of hearts onto red paper, cut them out, and glued them behind the gold hearts to create red outlines.  



Above:  To the right of the heart, I used a portion of my 6" x 6" stencil Swatton Flowers Version 1.


Above:  Around the heart, I used my 6" x 6" stencil Ivy Frame 6.  (This design also comes in a 9" x 12" stencil.)

The above greeting cards were made with 6" x 6" card blanks but since I can no longer find white cards of this size online, I'll eventually be changing to slightly smaller greeting cards.  My 6" x 6" stencils will still work, altho in some cases I'll be modifying them, either with scissors or with masking tape.  I'll also be using white cards that measure larger than 6" x 6".  All of the cards of this square shape, and approximate size, require additional postage for mailing.  I use two Forever stamps on each envelope.

In its entirety, Swatton Flowers Version 1 looks like this:





In creating today's Valentine shown at the top of this post, I used the right side of this stencil, masking off the rest with masking tape.

To scroll thru the pages of all my StencilGirl stencils, please start here.

Thanks for your visit to my blog today!