Wednesday, March 12, 2014

True Confessions...



 
Confession:  I have a lot of trouble making Gelli Plate prints that I really like.  For that reason, I've long been in the habit of saving my not-up-to-my-liking prints for future re-printing.  I've now got a stack that would rival Jack's beanstalk! 
 
Yesterday I cut up some white tissue paper (by Lineco; similar to "dry" wax deli paper but lacking any shine) and made a series of prints on it.  After they dried (a very short wait) I laminated most of these prints to sheets of the earlier Gelli Plate prints (which had been on newsprint, cardstock, etc.)
 
I chose to use matte gel medium to do this laminating, knowing it would leave a slightly "cloudy" layer between the tissue prints and the earlier prints on sturdy papers.  Next time, just to see the difference, I will use gloss gel medium.  It will dry totally transparent so the whitish nature of the tissue will completely disappear.  Either finished "look" is merely a matter of personal preference.
 
The above two pieces are now officially collages thanks to the laminating, but they still have a longer journey ahead.  They will be cut or torn into pieces for future collages on canvas, or for greeting card covers.
 
For the top piece I used my 9"X12" stencil Mimosa.
 
The second piece was created with my 9"X12" stencil Marbles9.
 
Thanks for stopping by!