Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day with MIMOSA 6 X 6! -- and The Honor of being in THE SCOOP with my New Stencil DANGLED PODS


I made the embellishment for this greeting card with air-dry clay, painting it with metallic acrylics after the clay had hardened.





Its background is a metallic bronze blank greeting card (JAMPaper.com) that I imprinted with acrylic paints using my 6" x 6" stencil Mimosa 6

The stencil itself looks like this:



  

It remains one of my favorite art-making tools; both my 9" x 12" and my 6" x 6" mimosa stencils were inspired by a beautiful young mimosa tree that lived in our front yard, until a fungus attacked it.  Here in NJ, mimosa is actually considered a weed; I've seen it growing wild along roadways and in at least two nearby coastal towns.  But every mimosa we've cultivated has fallen prey to this fungus.  Go figure! 

On another note, I'm honored and tickled pink to be one of the designers featured in the current issue of StencilGirls' The Scoop --
and I'd just like to add that the Wrought Iron Gate artwork used there, was created by my friend Mary Ann Russo.  It was featured in this December post

2 comments: