Sunday, April 3, 2016

Adventuring with QUEEN ANNE'S LACE


 The background of this small stretched canvas was an experiment, or -- to put it into a more attractive word-frame -- an adventure.

Over a white gesso-coated surface, I spread a large pool of orange and yellow acrylic paints, alongside a small pool of green and aqua paints.  I misted the edges of the pools with water in a spritz-bottle, then did a little tilting to help encourage the spreading paint pools.  

Once the surface was dry, I placed my 9"x12" stencil Queen Anne's Lace over it.  With masking tape, I blocked off one of the flowers to keep it from printing.  My next step was to apply green acrylic paint thru the stencil with stencil sponges

The finished piece is here:



And below are two close-ups--



The stencil itself looks like this:

http://www.stencilgirlproducts.com/Queen-Anne-s-Lace-Stencil-Cecilia-Swatton-p/l229.htm
 Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment