Thursday, March 24, 2016

Birds of a Feather ... Mask Together ... in 2 Projects


Using the new masks now sadly sold-out at StencilGirlProducts.com, I worked on several projects.  (Sold-out, only for now.  More to come later!) 

First, I created a greeting card using a 6"x6" greeting card blank cut from sturdy, dark bronze cardstock (JamPaper.com). 

My starting point was to use masking tape in securing the card to my working surface; and at the same time, to fasten down a sheet of blank paper to keep spray paint off the back of the card.  That white paper is shown in the top half of this photo:


 

After placing three bird masks on the surface, I sprayed with one of my homemade acrylic sprays, choosing white to contrast with the darkbackground.

Below is the card cover after the spray has been applied.  The masks have not yet been lifted.




After lifting the masks and allowing the paint to dry, I repeated the same process several times, building up layers of paint in several colors.

My very last step was to add a contrasting red image with the stencil Osprey Wings...



In the finished greeting card cover above, the multiple layers and assorted bird shapes form a background for the red dominant image.

Any kind of spray paint can be used.  I often prefer my homemade sprays described in earlier posts.

After using spray paints, I went on to a completely different project. 

Below, I 've used a simplified version of the "stencil-and-stain" technique that was part of the members-only StencilClub package of June 2015.   To receive this package (which includes a video showing the technique in action, as well as the 3-part stencil-set Crop Circles) just visit StencilGirlTalk.com -- there, use the right side bar to become a StencilClub member.   Once a member, you can send an email to stencilgirlproducts@gmail.com, citing the month-and-year package that you want to buy; then, StencilGirlProducts will provide you with a invoice through PayPal.



 

I liked the ethereal, mysterious look that resulted.

No comments:

Post a Comment