Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Christmas Card Making with Stencils




The Christmas card cover shown above was a dilly to photograph because of its foil base, which reflected everything in sight.  (Can you tell I was wearing blue when I shot this?)  

The quick, easy steps I took to make the card are here:

I chose my (much-used and paint-stained) 9"x12" stencil Boxed Vines and self-adhesive foil sheets as shown above.



Next, I measured off a section of foil to fit the blank greeting card.  I used a stylus for this step, as well as the following steps, but a ballpoint pen would work.



The red circle above spotlights one of the areas where I have used the stylus to draw indented shapes into the foil (which has been placed under the stencil.)  The openings in the stencil were my guide.  Below is a close-up showing a larger version of these outlined shapes. 



Below:  The stencil has been lifted off the foil.   


Below are 2 close-ups showing glitter glue that I used to outline some of the embedded shapes:




The last steps were to cut this section of the foil off from the full sheet, then to peel off the self-adhesive backing and press it to the greeting card blank that's shown at the top of this post.

2 comments:

  1. This is so fabulous, Cecilia! Will be sharing on SGP's Facebook page this week! :)

    ReplyDelete