Saturday, March 14, 2015

Jumbo Clothespin & Stencils -- Quick & Easy Project

How many ways can you use a jumbo wood clothespin?  In this post I'm showing it used to hold earbuds or headphones -- a handy way to keep the wires from tangling.  In the first shot below, the clothespin is still untreated, the way it was when I first brought it home.


My first step, not shown, was to cover the clothespin with a base coat of light lavender acrylic paint.

Below, the now-painted clothespin is barely visible.  I've placed it on a "catch-all" sheet of paper (an old calendar page, used to "catch" all the paint that would otherwise fall onto my work surface.)  The green masking tape is helping hold the stencil in place, atop the clothespin.  This stencil (stained with pink paint from an earlier project) is a strip cut from my 9"X12" stencil Borders #1.  When using a stencil on narrow objects like this clothespin, I find it easier to have cut the stencil apart.

ABOVE:  HAVING USED THE STENCIL (MIDDLE LEFT IN THIS PHOTO), I'VE LIFTED IT OFF TO SHOW THE CLOTHESPIN AT THE TOP OF THE PHOTO.  THE FOAM PLATE WAS MY PALETTE.
ABOVE:  ONE SIDE OF THE FINISHED CLOTHESPIN
Below are two shots of the finished project.





These jumbo clothespins can also be used as artwork hangers, refrigerator magnets, party decorations/favors, and display-holders for photos, greeting cards or kitchen recipes.    I bought this one at my local A. C. Moore, but they're also available at www.AmazonSmile.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment