Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Palm and Mimosa Leaves


This journal-page background started with a solid, dark-blue Gelli Plate print.  After the first paint layer dried, using a brayer to spread Titanium White paint over the Gelli Plate, I placed the stencils Palm Fronds Silhouette Small (6X6") and Palm Fronds Silhouette Mini (4x4")  onto the plate, then lifted them off, leaving their imprints on the Gelli Plate.  Next, I pulled a print using the dark blue paper.   


Another recent time when I've used these stencils with the Gelli Plate, I came away with some prints that I decided to use on a collage --

 
And once more I used the Gelli Plate, this time to imprint deli paper with the patterns of my 9"X12" stencil Mimosa --
 

I'm sad to say that Mimosa Wilt -- yes, there is such a disease -- has killed off the beautiful mimosa that once stood outside my front door.  That tree was the inspiration behind the 9"X12" stencil and its smaller 6"X6" version.   Since the mimosa is considered a weed by some, I'm surprised this has happened.  Weeds are usually more hardy than anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment